Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sick at home

Well over the past 2 day both my kids and husband came down with the flu, one after another, I however lucked out and did not get sick (knock on wood). I was told that if they have the flu symptoms chances are it is the H1N1 but who knows as they were not tested and I was told not to bring them in to the DR unless the symptoms presisted or got worse.

It all started with my youngest at 2am, with my oldest at 4am followed by my husband at 6am. All were thowing up, had a fever, didn't have an appietiete, and my husbands cough increased as he has asthma, so I was concerned. My oldest daughter seemed to be the least sick throwing up only in the morning with a fever and the having the fever top out at about 101.8. By the afternoon she was up and about saying that she felt much better. My husband and yougest daughter got the worst of it, both having a fever of 101.8 for most of the day finally ending prior to bed, both threw up into the afternoon every now and then until the evening. Needless to say all of us were in one bed room that night so that I could keep a close eye on everyone just incase the symptoms returned. The next day other than being tired they all seemed fine with now fevers and no more throwing up. Today my husband is back at work and both girls are playing and eating again.

Today I am just plan tired, after 2 days of taking care of the family it takes it's toll. But I am very glad that they are all feeling better and that we weathered the flu, I hope others do as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment